Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Does this pregnancy make me look fat?

Yeah, I know I already posted a food blog with this same title but I think the title is funny. So there.
So...pregnancy. Yeah. Whole new adventure. I remember, before my biological clock started beating my brain, that I would hear all the crappy details about pregnancy and think, "God, why would ANYONE do this to themselves?" But to tell you the truth, it's not that bad.
I've heard it's like being on your period the whole 9 months (like period symptoms). But that's not true either. Well, for me it hasn't been.
Sure, I've had breast tenderness, emotional plummets, weird stretching feelings in my uterus (not cramps, but like strettttching), vaginal sensitivity, food cravings, food aversions, aversions to smells, nausea, hard stools, increased discharge, headaches, tailbone ache, fatigue, and backache. And I'm in my 11th week. I don't imagine that it's going to get easier but I do believe that I will handle it all.
Maybe it's all mental. I don't expect myself to feel bouncy glorious all the time. But I wasn't like that before either. You just kind of wake up in the morning, see what's going on, and get out of bed. I'm not dreading anything that's going to happen, although I had a few moments when I was nauseous three weeks straight and having those weird stretching pains that I wondered if this was worth it all.
But yesterday I got proof that it is worth it. I saw my baby. S/he is 1.5 inches long and very active although I can't feel it. The ultrasound showed s/he doing somersaults, moving arms and feet, and just looking like they were having the best time. I cried from relief, joy, and the intense realization I was growing a baby. I think I became a mother yesterday. I could confirm what I only speculated. It was wonderful. I really hope everything works out because I want to meet that little person. They look like they're fun.

2 comments:

triciathered said...

Oh, you just gave me goosebumps!

I am so excited! For you! For Dave! For me and T (the aunts)! For your parents! Everyone!

tiny robot said...

B, you know I love you more than my luggage, but I hope I never again have to hear about your "hard stools."

xoxo

(The "luggage" ref is a Steel Magnolias quote...I couldn't help it.)