Friday, March 28, 2008

Tidbits from this week

  • I've been complaining a lot about pregnancy symptoms. Here's a good one: you have to let it all hang out which forces you to accept yourself. For example: last night, I ate pretty late (I had a major snack attack when I came home and I downed some chips and salsa so I didn't really have dinner until 9 because I wasn't hungry). So I'm looking at my stomach which looks larger than usual. It's like after I eat, my stomach looks big and then goes back down a little. I know I'm "thicker" in my stomach/abdomen area but sometimes I'm thicker than others. Anyway, I can't get rid of the stomach. I know it's only going to get bigger. All I can do is eat simply and healthily and exercise in hopes that I don't gain too much weight. I'm only concerned about gaining too much weight because I don't want to put the baby in danger. So, I have to let it all hang out. And I feel pretty good about that.
  • I had a disturbing dream last night that my grandmother was being really mean to me. She was mad that I opened a packet of butter and then she yelled at me for mashing all my food together. I excused myself from the table and went to another room to get away from her. In reality, this would never happen. I don't think my grandmother has ever said anything mean to me. She almost did, once, but stopped herself. Yeah...weird.
  • Yesterday, a lady was talking about a former roommate that she kicked out because his behavior was increasingly disturbing and they had a huge fight. She's kind of a bleeding heart so I guess that's why she took him in in the first place. Anyway, the guy's in his 60s, has a part time job, no money, no car, nothing. I don't know if he recently divorced and is starting from scratch or what but he just doesn't seem to have it together nor the desire to get it together. A tiny part of me feels sorry for him but a much larger part says "too bad, so sad, get your shit together." God forbid I find myself in the same situation. But I'm also a strong believer in 'Merica and the extreme luck we have for just being born here, especially when you hear such horror stories from other countries. I think I would also feel guilty if I didn't feel like he was threatening the lady telling the story. Anyway, it was all just disturbing to me.

2 comments:

tiny robot said...

I dreamed I had 2 alarm clocks this morning and that i set this "second" clock to let me sleep longer, which in actuality, I did.

Man!

In other news, Baby G and I didn't have dinner until 10:30 last night b/c Baby G fell off her bike and I took her to the ER! Good times!

tiny robot said...

Oh, and she's just fine, btw. Eleven stitches and some ibuprofen, she's good as new!