Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Movies 'n' junk


Most of the time, I have music in my head. Today, I have the sounds peacocks make when they are waking you up. I was "privileged" to be awakened by such a call when Triciathered and I visited Mexico in college. I wish I could accurately type their call....it was like "Er-AHH, Er-AHH, Er-AHH!" Yeah....

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall this weekend. It was pretty good. I liked it better than 40-Year-Old Virgin, a little bit better than Knocked Up, and light years better than Superbad.* I thought it was a good middle of the road kind of movie in the sense that it appealed to both men and women. I think 40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad really appealed to men and Knocked Up probably appealed to women more. I think Forgetting Sarah Marshall appeals to both sexes. Plus, it has a Dracula musical...with puppets!

I also got movie nachos. Movie nachos consist of a a tray with a bag of Tostitos-like chips, in the bag, and a container of cheese in a sealed yogurt like cup. You peel off the top of the cheese, which may or may not be warm, and open your bag of chips. The whole entire operation, however, is sealed in the tray. I got these nachos because I was craving them but I was actually craving the nachos you get at a sports concession. Observe the difference:






vs.










Granted, we didn't have the Tostitos brand but you get the idea. Complete difference in the taste and quality. I did, however, enjoy my movie hot dog!! :)

*I saw Superbad after all the hype so I think my perception may be a little skewed. I found it boring and vulgar. Also, I didn't believe high school guys really talked that way until I was assured by some former high school guys that, yes indeedy, they did talk that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the peacock sounds, but I do remember the thrill of seeing them.
I can't look at Kristen Bell without thinking of her evil character in Heroes! That's all I see.

tiny robot said...

It's true: Kristen Bell is a robot.