Thursday, April 3, 2008

What's my mantra?


According to this website, I need to adopt a mantra to get me through my feelings of "am I gaining weight too fast?". I agree. I think I'm down in the dumps for several reasons but one is because I'm starting to burst out of my clothes, I open my closet and I have nothing suitable to wear for work, and I have back pain that's probably related to the weight gain* (which is going away since I'm exercising my back regularly).

I actually thought about a birth mantra today. It was "Millions of women have done this, I can too!" The only other time I've had a mantra was when I was climbing up and down the stairs of St. Paul's Cathedral. Towards the top, the staircase became very narrow and made out of metal instead of stone. You could also look down through the metal steps and see to the next level. Scared the crap out of me. I took one step at a time on that staircase saying "Every step down is closer to the ground." It worked, although I was a huge bundle of nerves. But it worked!! I got to see the awesome view and I could say "Yeah! I've done it!"

Soooo...anyone have tips for a "sexy mama" mantra?? Or, if not sexy, how about a "non-lardass, you're fine and doing the right thing" mantra? I think it will help.

*Of about seven pounds. Yeah, I know. What's going to happen when I'm an Orca?

3 comments:

tiny robot said...

You're not going to be an orca!! And if you ever want a shopping pal, call me and we'll score you some fabulous new maternity wear!

As for a mantra, I'd think anything that didn't have to do with the scary woman on your graphic would work! But seriously, how about this one:

I am Life. I am Strong. It's simple and it covers the bases.

triciathered said...

Thoughts become things! You aren't going to be an orca. No matter what!

"i am blessed that my beautiful body is nurturing and protecting my growing baby."

A little long, maybe you can whittle it down.

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancyphotos/l/blbellyindex.htm

Love ya!

tiny robot said...

I think your new mantra should be:

"I will post more often on my blog."