Friday, June 6, 2008

Complain, complain, complain

A laundry list of complaints and rants:
  • Diane Keaton. Quit phoning it in. Mad Money, Family Stone, Because I Said So. All these movies reek. I have always liked you but now...it's kind of embarrassing. Look, you've got cred, you've got some great classics under your belt, pull a Sarandon and take selective roles. I know some people have never liked you: that's their lost. Kay and JC Wiatt are begging to be seen again, not to mention Annie Hall.
  • Cougars. Give it a rest. It's creepy, and not because you are older women, but because you are not using your power AS an older woman to make a positive image of an older women. Cougar power is ridiculous and the equivalent of those disgusting sugar daddy figures that you undoubtedly hate. The only great thing out of this movement: Cougar Den skit from SNL. Watch out for the overacting of Cameron Diaz though *shudder*
  • What do you call a young guy dating an older woman?? Just another instance of a double standard since girls going with older men are called gold diggers but we don't have a name for these young men. Except mimbo but that's not that great.
  • Not getting stressed out when pregnant. Every book/magazine/pamphlet talks about taking it easy while pregnant. I agree but in order for me to be stress-free, I need to not work or drive. Seriously: I get a little pissed when in traffic, mostly because people are making stupid decisions like cutting me off. Yesterday I got so mad, I had to turn off the radio and have a conversation with my baby apologizing for my behavior and any undue stress it might have caused him. I felt better after talking it out and I'm going to try to make an effort not to get stressed. But I know I'm going to be stressed. It could be a lot worse and most of the time I think that the stress the books are talking about is situational (i.e. don't know where you will live kind of constant stress).

Not everything is worthy of a complaint. Some positives: it rained today, I appear healthy, Mr. Wonderful is healthy, work has given me the opportunity to blog more, I'm eating YoCrunch, I'm hanging out with the ladies this weekend, and today is going by sorta fast. Huzzah!

****ACK! I just Googled "cougar women" to get a pic for my pic of the day and I got this website. ACKACKACK***

Pics of the day: Cougar vs. Sugar Daddy






VERSUS

No comments: